Written in dialogue with Ruairi Fallon McGuigan, Matilda Mercer, Eleni Papazoglou, Rosalind Wilson, with publication design by Stephen Dalley.
Support is more than propping something up. Support does not always defy gravity. Sometimes it lets you slump, or maybe float? Stretch and stabilise. Crit club is: fluid. We work to ask for what we need, to verbalise. Together we feel our way for a direction.
How to make a Crit Club
1. Meet once a month (peer group)
2. Everyone shares work in every session (safespace)
3. Rotate the responsibility of hosting (cooperative)
4. Rotate the responsibility of bringing snacks (reinforcement of practice)
5. Resources, skills and tool sharing (testing ground)
6. Go for drinks after (structured sessions)
7. Do not take admin home (reflective)